Bedi Shield for dental care
About the Bedi Shield
Caring for young children or someone with dementia, autism, or complex care needs often involves helping them with their personal dental care routine.
In some cases they might struggle to keep their mouths open during brushing, dental checks and other procedures. In such cases the care giver usually helps by using their own finger to keep the mouth open.
This process presents a number of risks:
- Health and Safety issue: The care giver risks being bitten by the person receiving care, who might involuntarily clench their teeth.
- The experience can be traumatic for the care recipient whose neck and jaws are strained in the process.
- The process is discomforting and stressful to both the care giver and recipient.
The Bedi Shield facilitates the administration of personal dental activities like brushing, denture cleaning, giving medication, applying mouth swaps, dental checks and other activities.
It provides the following benefits:
- The carer’s finger is well protected; a health and safety measure that reduces risk
- Using the shield is more comfortable for the care recipient who can rest their jaws on the device
- The Bedi Shield is as simple to use and clean as a toothbrush
- The Bedi Shield is a quality product, manufactured in the UK
Using the Bedi Shield for dental care
Insert a finger into the Bedi Shield. Each shield has two inserts on each side, allowing the care giver to hold onto the shield if a little loose.
Insert the shield into one side of the patient’s mouth between their teeth.
The device comfortably and securely keeps the mouth open while the caregiver carries out the necessary procedures.
Now available to buy onlineBuy now